Aquatic Friends Amigurumi Workshop - July 10, 17, 24 & 31
with Marissa Lindsey
What is AMIGURUMI? This Japanese word is a blend of the words ami (編) meaning crocheted or knitted, and nuigurumi (ぬいぐるみ) a small, stuffed doll.
Join Marissa for this Fun Summer Workshop, and expand your skills making not just one - but a handful of Aquatic-themed crochet creatures; 3 unique octopuses, a squid, and your own customizable jellyfish.
This workshop will be designed like a crochet-a-long; so that no matter which skill level you are at, you can join in, choose where you start, and go at your own pace. But unlike traditional crochet-a-long groups, this Workshop has a built-in-clinic! Marissa will be there to guide you through your journey with individual & group instruction, demonstrations and lots of samples for added inspiration!
Collectively, these tentacled pals cover the full range of skill levels and feature a variety of techniques that are essential to your success with amigurumi crochet. ALL LEVELS ARE WELCOME: You just need to know how to single crochet, grab a few hooks and some yarn (see details above). All patterns, stuffing, and plastic safety eyes will be provided at first session.
So come, and join other aspiring Ami creators for this fun-filled, four-session workshop!
Techniques & Skills Covered:
- size F/5(3.75mm) & G/6(4.0mm) crochet hooks
- a few balls of worsted weight or chunky yarn of choice (pick your colors!)
- Stitch Markers
- Clean Cotton
- Ultra Wool or Vintage (Worsted or Chunky)
- Creative Melange Chunky
- 5 Aquatic Friends Crochet patterns - (1) Dumbo, (2) Mini & (3) Ollie the Octopus, (4) Squibbles the Squid & (5) The Ultimate Freeform Jellyfish Guide
- Poly-fil stuffing
- Safety eyes (patterns can be made with or without eyes – so, optional)
Class descriptions will include experience level and provide instructions for any homework that needs to be completed prior to class. Please come prepared since there will not be time during class to catch up on homework. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding homework.
Class sizes are limited so students must register and pay prior to the class, in person, online or call-in to reserve a spot. We accept cash, check or credit card payments for classes.
Cancel 48 hrs or more prior to class full refund
Cancel 24 - 48 hrs prior to class Receive a store credit for full amount
Cancel less than 24 hrs prior to class ƒ?? No Refund of any kind
If Harps & Thistles and/or the instructor cancels the class for any reason you will have a choice of applying the fee to another class or receiving a refund.
- Preparation – Class details will include experience level and provide instructions for any homework that needs to be completed prior to class. Please come prepared because there will not be time during class to catch up on homework. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding homework.
- Materials – The cost of the class does not include materials or patterns so these must be purchased separately. Unless otherwise stated, we require that all class yarn is purchased at Harps & Thistles. Just let us know if you need assistance with your selection, we're happy to help! Please be sure to make your purchases prior to class to avoid any delay in start time.
- Payment – Students must register and pay PRIOR to the class, in person, online or call-in to reserve a spot. We accept cash, check or credit card payments for classes.
- Beginner – you have no experience with the technique or skills, the class is designed to teach you the basics.
- Intermediate – you have some experience and confidence with the technique or skills, but need a bit more practice, you’re ready to take your skills to the next level.
- Advanced – you know how to read patterns and understanding how the stitch is made; you know what you are doing. You are ready for a challenge and to learn new techniques and skills.
- A full refund will be given if you cancel 48 hrs or more prior to class.
- Cancellation 24 – 48 hrs prior to class will receive a store credit for the next time the same class is offered.
- Cancellation less than 24 hrs prior to class – No refund of any kind.
- If Harps & Thistles Yarn Emporium and/or the instructor cancels the class for any reason you will have a choice of applying the fee to another class or receiving a refund.
Visit our FAQ page to learn more →
You May Also Like
You May Also Like