Quick Ombre Hat - Introduction to Stranded Knitting - November 20
Instructor: Judie Hershey
Date: Saturday November 20
Skill Level: Adventurous Beginner/Intermediate
In this class you will learn to make a simple hat in 2 colors using the stranded knitting technique. You will learn the basics of two-color stranded knitting.
- Quick Ombre Hat pattern by Emily Dormier
- Two colors of worsted weight yarn, 50-100 yards each (depending on size chosen).
- US 8 16" circular needle, and a set of size 8 double pointed needles. As this hat runs a bit large, a size 7 needle (if you have one) is nice for the ribbing. You may use the Magic Loop method if you prefer. If you want to learn how to use double pointed needles, this is a great way to learn.
- Stitch markers and a row counter are helpful, but optional.
HOMEWORK! To make this a one session class, you will need to cast on and knit your ribbing and first few rows of stockinette stitch before class. Please check the pattern for details on your size. This pattern runs a bit big, so you may want to knit a size smaller that you normally would. My Child size hat fits an adult woman.
- Preparation – Class details will include experience level and provide instructions for any homework that needs to be completed prior to class. Please come prepared because there will not be time during class to catch up on homework. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding homework.
- Materials – The cost of the class does not include materials or patterns so these must be purchased separately. Unless otherwise stated, we require that all class yarn is purchased here at a 10% discount. Just let us know if you need assistance with your selection, we're happy to help! Please be sure to make your purchases prior to class to avoid any delay in start time.
- Payment – Students must register and pay PRIOR to the class, in person, online or call-in to reserve a spot. We accept cash, check or credit card payments for classes.
- Beginner – you have no experience with the technique or skills, the class is designed to teach you the basics.
- Intermediate – you have some experience and confidence with the technique or skills, but need a bit more practice, you’re ready to take your skills to the next level.
- Advanced – you know how to read patterns and understanding how the stitch is made; you know what you are doing. You are ready for a challenge and to learn new techniques and skills.
- A full refund will be given if you cancel 48 hrs or more prior to class.
- Cancellation 24 – 48 hrs prior to class will receive a store credit for the next time the same class is offered.
- Cancellation less than 24 hrs prior to class – No refund of any kind.
- If Harps & Thistles Yarn Emporium and/or the instructor cancels the class for any reason you will have a choice of applying the fee to another class or receiving a refund.
Visit our FAQ page to learn more →
You May Also Like
You May Also Like