Basic Top Down Socks - October 14, 21, & 28
Instructor: Judie Hershey
Date: Thursdays - October 14, 21, & 28
Skill Level: Intermediate
In this class you will learn to make a pair of socks, using worsted weight yarn. Even though these socks will be more like bed socks, they knit up quickly, and will teach you the mechanics of sock knitting. We are using a great pattern (Rye) written for first time sock knitters. It's full of great information and advice.
Skills learned in this class include picking up stitches, turning a heel, and the dreaded Kitchener stitch. (It really isn't that difficult!)
Experience with double-pointed needles or Magic Loop is needed.
- Rye by Tin Can Knits
- Approximately 300 yards worsted weight yarn for medium adult socks. Check the pattern for yarn amount for other sizes.
- US #3 / 3.25mm dpns (or circular for magic loop), and US #5 / 3.75mm dpns (or circular for magic loop)
- Stitch markers and a row counter are helpful, but optional.
- Preparation – Class details will include experience level and provide instructions for any homework that needs to be completed prior to class. Please come prepared because there will not be time during class to catch up on homework. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding homework.
- Materials – The cost of the class does not include materials or patterns so these must be purchased separately. Unless otherwise stated, we require that all class yarn is purchased here at a 10% discount. Just let us know if you need assistance with your selection, we're happy to help! Please be sure to make your purchases prior to class to avoid any delay in start time.
- Payment – Students must register and pay PRIOR to the class, in person, online or call-in to reserve a spot. We accept cash, check or credit card payments for classes.
- Beginner – you have no experience with the technique or skills, the class is designed to teach you the basics.
- Intermediate – you have some experience and confidence with the technique or skills, but need a bit more practice, you’re ready to take your skills to the next level.
- Advanced – you know how to read patterns and understanding how the stitch is made; you know what you are doing. You are ready for a challenge and to learn new techniques and skills.
- A full refund will be given if you cancel 48 hrs or more prior to class.
- Cancellation 24 – 48 hrs prior to class will receive a store credit for the next time the same class is offered.
- Cancellation less than 24 hrs prior to class – No refund of any kind.
- If Harps & Thistles Yarn Emporium and/or the instructor cancels the class for any reason you will have a choice of applying the fee to another class or receiving a refund.
Visit our FAQ page to learn more →
You May Also Like
You May Also Like